Hosted by: Alan Surmachynski, Stephen Neale, Mike Regenstreif and Pat Moore
Airs: Every Saturday from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Expect an eclectic three hours of roots music, including: Jazz, Blues, Country, Reggae, Gospel, Bluegrass, Latin, Folk, African, Celtic, and Native music. Join us every Saturday morning from 7-10am for the best wake-up ever!
|May. 8, 2021||Stephen Neale||TBD|
|May. 1, 2021||Pat Moore||Two musical features today - Tyler Kealey (Hour 3) and Rick Fines (hour 2). Hour one is a diverse mix of tunes you'll love - most of them Canadian.||
|Apr. 24, 2021||Mike Regenstreif||From "Gentle On My Mind" to "St. Louis Blues" with 38 other stops along the way.||
|Apr. 17, 2021||Alan Surmachynski||Thunderstorms & Sunny Days||
|Apr. 10, 2021||Mike Regenstreif||Folk, some jazz and other stops along the way.||
|Apr. 3, 2021||Pat Moore||Music Making and Listening in Pandemic Times||
|Mar. 27, 2021||Mike Regenstreif||A wide-ranging dive into great folk-rooted, folk-branched music and beyond.||
Alan Surmachynski e-mail: email@example.com
Pat Moore e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Regenstreif e-mail: email@example.com
Stephen Neale e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Saint Brigid’s Sessions aired in 2016 on the Saturday Morning show with Stephen Neale.
The sessions are recorded at the Saint Brigid's Centre for the Arts, a former church that was built in 1890 and that is located in Ottawa's Lowertown. The goal of the Saint Brigid's Sessions is to capture live unplugged performances by artists in as technically minimal and unobtrusive manner as possible in order to capture a natural sound in what really is a magnificent sounding space.
Visit www.saintbrigidssessions.com for videos and information on the artist recorded so far. They include:
- Lucky Ron with Keith Snider - Songs featured: Irish Whiskey; Drinking My Way Back to You; Sitting and Drinking; Lost and Found; and, I Hate Xmas.
- Kaleigh Watts - Songs featured: Savour; In the Attic; The Lonely Poet; Blue; and, Smoke Lake.
- Chris Page - Songs featured: Chaise Lounge; Summertime Out; The Dead Weight Song; The Late Summer Mountain Song; and, Focal Point.
- Jim Bryson - Songs featured: Depression Dance; Changing Scenery; Breathe; Decidedly; and, Ontario.
- Irish Airs and Laments with Frank Cassidy, Dennis Alexander and Jeffrey McClintock - Songs featured: Kileen’s Fairy Hills; Hugh’s Lament; Roisin Dubh (Black Rose); The Lament for the Death of Archie Beaton; and, St. Pat’s Hall.
- Lynn Miles - Songs featured: More; Three Chords and the Truth; High Heels in the Snow; How to be Alone; and, Better Things to Cry About.
- Craig Cardiff - Songs featured: Forget; Not My Monkey’s; God’s Comic; Smallest Wingless; and, Virginia in the Song.
- Kelly Sloan with Curtis Chaffey - Songs featured: Tracers; Turn to Me; Big Deal; To the Water; and, Your Only Ride.
The Saint Brigid's Sessions are made possible by the dedicated efforts of the team:
- David Bignell, sound
- Robert Patterson, video
- Jason Leroux, video
- Mike 'tic' Houston, photography
- Josée Robillard, photography
- Patricia Traill, photography
- Liam Tyrell, stage management (Sessions 1 through 5)
- Piaras Ó Giobúin, stage management (Session 6)
- Patrick McDonald, Saint Brigid's Centre for the Arts and stage management for Session 7