Hosted by: Stephen Neale, Pat Moore, Alan Surmachynski and Mike Regenstreif
Airs: Every Saturday from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Coming up at 7:00 AM on April 27th, 2019:
This week with Mike Regenstreif: "We are traveling in the footsteps of those who've come before," a program celebrating the enduring legacy of Pete Seeger (1919-2014). Some of the songs on this program were written or co-written by Pete, others are traditional or contemporary songs from his repertoire, and some were inspired by him. Friday, May 3, will be the centennial of Pete’s birth.
|Apr. 27, 2019||Mike Regenstreif||A program celebrating the enduring legacy of Pete Seeger (1919-2014).|
|Apr. 20, 2019||Alan Surmachynski||Happy Easter!||
|Apr. 13, 2019||Stephen Neale||The Silence Came After||
|Apr. 6, 2019||Pat Moore||Always music! Today I'm joined by my good friend and excellent co-host Shawn Tavenier, fabulous singer songwriter and DJ extra-ordinaire.||
|Mar. 30, 2019||Mike Regenstreif||Extended Feature: Songs of Guy Clark||
|Mar. 23, 2019||Alan Surmachynski||Elwood: It's a hundred & six miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark & we're wearing sunglasses. Jake: Hit it!||
|Mar. 16, 2019||Stephen Neale||Holly the Hustle||
Alan Surmachynski e-mail: email@example.com
Pat Moore e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Regenstreif e-mail: email@example.com
Stephen Neale e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Saint Brigid’s Sessions aired in 2016 on the Saturday Morning show with Stephen Neale.
The sessions are recorded at the Saint Brigid's Centre for the Arts, a former church that was built in 1890 and that is located in Ottawa's Lowertown. The goal of the Saint Brigid's Sessions is to capture live unplugged performances by artists in as technically minimal and unobtrusive manner as possible in order to capture a natural sound in what really is a magnificent sounding space.
Visit www.saintbrigidssessions.com for videos and information on the artist recorded so far. They include:
- Lucky Ron with Keith Snider - Songs featured: Irish Whiskey; Drinking My Way Back to You; Sitting and Drinking; Lost and Found; and, I Hate Xmas.
- Kaleigh Watts - Songs featured: Savour; In the Attic; The Lonely Poet; Blue; and, Smoke Lake.
- Chris Page - Songs featured: Chaise Lounge; Summertime Out; The Dead Weight Song; The Late Summer Mountain Song; and, Focal Point.
- Jim Bryson - Songs featured: Depression Dance; Changing Scenery; Breathe; Decidedly; and, Ontario.
- Irish Airs and Laments with Frank Cassidy, Dennis Alexander and Jeffrey McClintock - Songs featured: Kileen’s Fairy Hills; Hugh’s Lament; Roisin Dubh (Black Rose); The Lament for the Death of Archie Beaton; and, St. Pat’s Hall.
- Lynn Miles - Songs featured: More; Three Chords and the Truth; High Heels in the Snow; How to be Alone; and, Better Things to Cry About.
- Craig Cardiff - Songs featured: Forget; Not My Monkey’s; God’s Comic; Smallest Wingless; and, Virginia in the Song.
- Kelly Sloan with Curtis Chaffey - Songs featured: Tracers; Turn to Me; Big Deal; To the Water; and, Your Only Ride.
The Saint Brigid's Sessions are made possible by the dedicated efforts of the team:
- David Bignell, sound
- Robert Patterson, video
- Jason Leroux, video
- Mike 'tic' Houston, photography
- Josée Robillard, photography
- Patricia Traill, photography
- Liam Tyrell, stage management (Sessions 1 through 5)
- Piaras Ó Giobúin, stage management (Session 6)
- Patrick McDonald, Saint Brigid's Centre for the Arts and stage management for Session 7