Hosted by: Stephen Neale, Pat Moore, Alan Surmachynski and Mike Regenstreif
Airs: Every Saturday from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Coming up at 7:00 AM on June 6th, 2020:
Stephen Neale is your host this week. Listen for a tribute to Bobby Digital (the great Jamaican producer passed away on May 21) with songs from: Garnett Silk, Nadine Sutherland, Sanchez, Morgan Heritage, Admiral Tibet and Cococa Tea. John Carroll will be in around 8:30 AM to present and play some of the songs that have inspired and influenced his guitar playing and to a lesser extent his song writing. Listen for John's interpretations of songs by Mississippi John Hurt and the old blues numbers See See Rider and Rollin' and Tumblin'. Music too from: Memphis Minnie, Missionaries, the Impressions, Ken Yates, Kaia Later, Salem Travelers, the Harlem Gospel Travelers, Old Crow Medicine Show, Rose Cousins, and much more!
|Jun. 6, 2020||Stephen Neale||TBD|
|May. 30, 2020||Pat Moore||The Saturday Morning Show||
|May. 23, 2020||Mike Regenstreif||Extended feature: Songs of Mickey Newbury||
|May. 16, 2020||Mike Regenstreif||Extended feature: Other artists interpret some "Songs of The Beatles"||
|May. 9, 2020||Stephen Neale||Quarantine Together||
|May. 2, 2020||Pat Moore||Today it's all about songs that lift your spirits - happy songs, triumphant songs, or songs that just make you feel good. I asked my Facebook followers to offer suggestions, and I ended up with many more songs than I can play even in 3 hours...||
|Apr. 25, 2020||Mike Regenstreif||Extended feature: Songs of John Prine||
Alan Surmachynski e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pat Moore e-mail: email@example.com
Mike Regenstreif e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephen Neale e-mail: email@example.com
The Saint Brigid’s Sessions aired in 2016 on the Saturday Morning show with Stephen Neale.
The sessions are recorded at the Saint Brigid's Centre for the Arts, a former church that was built in 1890 and that is located in Ottawa's Lowertown. The goal of the Saint Brigid's Sessions is to capture live unplugged performances by artists in as technically minimal and unobtrusive manner as possible in order to capture a natural sound in what really is a magnificent sounding space.
Visit www.saintbrigidssessions.com for videos and information on the artist recorded so far. They include:
- Lucky Ron with Keith Snider - Songs featured: Irish Whiskey; Drinking My Way Back to You; Sitting and Drinking; Lost and Found; and, I Hate Xmas.
- Kaleigh Watts - Songs featured: Savour; In the Attic; The Lonely Poet; Blue; and, Smoke Lake.
- Chris Page - Songs featured: Chaise Lounge; Summertime Out; The Dead Weight Song; The Late Summer Mountain Song; and, Focal Point.
- Jim Bryson - Songs featured: Depression Dance; Changing Scenery; Breathe; Decidedly; and, Ontario.
- Irish Airs and Laments with Frank Cassidy, Dennis Alexander and Jeffrey McClintock - Songs featured: Kileen’s Fairy Hills; Hugh’s Lament; Roisin Dubh (Black Rose); The Lament for the Death of Archie Beaton; and, St. Pat’s Hall.
- Lynn Miles - Songs featured: More; Three Chords and the Truth; High Heels in the Snow; How to be Alone; and, Better Things to Cry About.
- Craig Cardiff - Songs featured: Forget; Not My Monkey’s; God’s Comic; Smallest Wingless; and, Virginia in the Song.
- Kelly Sloan with Curtis Chaffey - Songs featured: Tracers; Turn to Me; Big Deal; To the Water; and, Your Only Ride.
The Saint Brigid's Sessions are made possible by the dedicated efforts of the team:
- David Bignell, sound
- Robert Patterson, video
- Jason Leroux, video
- Mike 'tic' Houston, photography
- Josée Robillard, photography
- Patricia Traill, photography
- Liam Tyrell, stage management (Sessions 1 through 5)
- Piaras Ó Giobúin, stage management (Session 6)
- Patrick McDonald, Saint Brigid's Centre for the Arts and stage management for Session 7