Lots of guests, including Ann Downey, Annie Sumi, Bill Garrett, Christophe Elie, Claire Lynch, David Essig, Greg Kelly, Heather Adeney, Dan Adeney, Ian Tamblyn, Ken Whiteley, Kristine St-Pierre, Roy Forbes, Shelley Posen, Sid Ameen, The Pairs (Noelle and Hillary) and Tony Turner
|Musical guests on this episode include Ann Downey, Annie Sumi, Bill Garrett, Christophe Elie, Claire Lynch, David Essig, Greg Kelly, Heather Adeney, Dan Adeney, Ian Tamblyn, Ken Whiteley, Kristine St-Pierre, Roy Forbes, Shelley Posen, Sid Ameen, The Pairs (Noelle and Hillary) and Tony Turner.
Fun Folk Quiz #1
Have fun as you listen by matching up the guests' voices with the names on the above list and giving yourself a point for each voice you guess correctly. Give yourself an extra point at the end of the show for each correct answer to the following questions below. Give yourself an extra point at the end of the show for each correct answer to the twenty questions below. See if you can figure out which of the guests ...
1. ... has released over 40 albums under their own name
2. ... organizes an annual radio documentary festival called SurroundSound
3. ... yodels proficiently!
4. ... wrote and recorded the 'Canadian Spaces' theme that has been played on CKCU every Saturday at 10 am Eastern for over 40 years
5. ... thoroughly enjoyed being a 'mentee' in Folk Music Ontario's Youth Mentorship program
6. ... coordinates a monthly Ottawa songwriting group called Writer's Bloc(k) and an annual songwriting challenge called the Great Canadian Song-Along
7. ... has a sibling who is an identical twin
8. ... recently released an album entitled 'Edge of Blue'
9. ... recently released an album entitled 'Calm in the Eye of the Storm'
10. ... composed and performed a CKCU Funding Drive song! (there are several correct answers for this question)
11. ... sang songs by Canadian singer-songwriters on an album called 'North By South' that was nominated for a Grammy Award
12. ... has received the Spirit of Tony Turner Award for creating ongoing opportunities for musicians to connect with audiences and with one another
13. ... plays electric guitar loudly and enjoys heavy metal music!
14. ... lives on a small island
15. ... lives on a large island
16. ... has never been a guest on 'Canadian Spaces'
17. ... wrote and recorded an instrumental piece entitled 'Canadian Spaces'
18. ... collected traditional songs from Loy Gavan and other Ottawa Valley musicians
19. ... is a major fan of Michael Bublé
20. ... recently -- and somewhat unexpectedly -- started identifying as a visual artist in addition to identifying as a musician
|Let It Go|
Ian Tamblyn - Let It Go
|Saluting the Sun|
Ken Whiteley - Calm in the Eye of the Storm
|At the End 0f a Long Lonely Day|
Finest Kind - For Honour & For Gain
The Pairs - Noise